Testing Chamber Industry
Chambers upgrade constantly, exported to more than 40 countries and regions. Thriving and expanding to become the leading brand in the global safety and reliability environmental testing chamber industry.
The UV Lamp Weathering Chamber (hereinafter referred to as BUV) uses a fluorescent ultraviolet lamp as a light source, and appropriately controls the temperature and humidity to periodically generate condensation on the sample to comprehensively obtain the damage of the sunlight, moisture and temperature on the polymer material. It can make a result of damage effects for polymer materials(material aging includes fading, loss of light, strength reduction, cracking, flaking, chalking and oxidation, etc.)
UV lamp weathering test chamber Test Methods & Material Standards
- ISO 11507《Paints and varnished-Exposure of coatings to artificial weathering- Exposure to fluorescent UV lamps and water》
- ISO 4892-1《 Plastics-Methods of exposure to laboratory light sources-Part 1: General Guidance》
- ISO 4892-3《 Methods of exposure to laboratory light sources-Part 3: Fluorescent UV lamps》
- ASTM D 4587《Standard Practice for Fluorescent UV-Condensation Exposures of Paint and Related Coatings》
- ASTM D 4329《Standard Practice S for Fluorescent UV test chamber Exposure of Plastic》
- ASTM G-151《Standard Practice for Exposing Nonmetallic Materials in Accelerated Test Devices that use laboratory light sources》
- ASTM G-154《Standard Practice for Operating Fluorescent Light Apparatus for UV Exposure of Non-Metallic Materials》
- BS 2782:Part5, 《Method 540B (Methods of Exposure to Lab Light Sources) 》
- SAE J2020《Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Exterior Malts Using a Fluorescent UV/Condensation Apparatus》
- JIS D 0205《Test Method of Weather-ability for Automotive Parts》
UV lamp weathering test chamber Feature
- Original UVA or UVB lamps from America, ensure the comparability of testing results. All BUV machines use fluorescent UV lamps produced by Amercian as testing light source, comparing with other type lamps （including Xenon Lamps）, UV lamps are more stable. Its spectrum power distribution won’t change as the lamps weathering, even to 6,000 hours. Thus more repeatable testing results can be achieved easily, and decrease changing lamps times and reduce the running cost. Furthermore, these lamps from Amercian are produced on the base of more than 40 years’ experience and fluorescent technology. It is designed specially and tested with most serious quality control.
- With Original Intellectual Property Rights and Initiated in China, our ballast can extend the lamp lift to 6,000 hours, save use-cost greatly for users.
- Irradiance can be calibrated automatically
- Water Spray and Condensation function
- Water spray. For some applications, the water spray can simulate end-use environmental conditions better. Water spray can effectively simulate heat shock or mechanical erosion caused by dramatic temperature changes or rain. In some practical application conditions, such as a sudden brash in a sunshine day, can bring heat shock because the temperature of the material changes drastically. This heat shock severely tests the properties of many materials. BUV water spray can simulate this heat shock and / or stress corrosion. BUV spray system design with 12 nozzles, each side has 6 pieces in the test chamber. Spray system can run a few minutes and then shut down. This transitory water spray can cool the samples quickly, creating heat shock conditions.
UV lamp weathering test chamber Condensation
In many outdoor environments, materials are placed in wet condition for over 12 hours each day. Studies have shown that the main factor of this wet condition outdoor is caused by dew, not rain. BUV simulates the outdoor moisture erosion through the unique condensation capabilities. In the condensation cycle during the test, water on the bottom of the chamber is heated to obtain superheated steam filling the test chamber.
Hot steam makes the chamber maintain 100 relative humidity, and maintain a relatively high temperature. Sample was fixed on the wall of test chamber. Thus the sample surface is exposed to the ambient air of test chamber. The other side of the sample is exposed to the natural environment which has a cooling effect, bringing internal and external surfaces of the sample with temperature difference, and the temperature difference leads to the test surfaces always have drips caused by condensation process.
Control the temperature automatically with high precision Pt 100 temperature sensor of black board. In each cycle, the temperature can be controlled at a set value. At the same time, the black panel thermometer can monitor the temperature. Temperature increase can accelerate the aging process, and the temperature control for reproducibility of the test is also very important.
BST (Black panel thermometer) consists of a PT100 sensor and a metal panel painted by black coating, and be exposed to the same condition as test panels. It’s used to monitor exposuring test panels surface temperature during test. BST can be set any value according to different requirements and also be controlled automatically during the whole test. It also can be calibrated periodically.
Confirms to many test standards. Operator can set different program freely. According to different standards or test methods, operator can edit different test programs. For each program, it can be set as 10 segments, and each segment can set different work conditions（four types： Irradiation, water spray, condensation and finish）as well as relevant test parameters. BUV can permit operator to edit six test programs at most and save it permanently. Generally speaking, if the operator has set and saved one program in the BUV, for next test, if he still use this same program, just choose this program and run BUV directly, no need to set again.
Controlled by touch screen with friendly windows, user can check any parameter during test BUV all controllings and showings are finished by a high definition colorful touch screen. Menu operation interface is very convenient for operator to use and maintain BUV. During the working, all parameters are show on the touch screen.
Real-time collect and store data, all testing data can be converted EXCEL format automatically and be saved. There is a USB interface at the BUV back, through this interface, operator can export all running parameterts at any period by a U disk. It’s convenient for operator to search and do statistics for BUV, and achieve the real unattended running.
Come with TCP/IP Ethernet interface, the user can tele-control BUV through TCP/IP internet. With this interface, operator only need to set reasonable IP address, then can monitor BUV working status at any place. Even operator is not in his laboratory, he still can run and maintain BUV. Moreover, this function is also convenient for Biuged to help our customers to slove all problems and do some necessary after service. Settle completely users troubles back at home.
Come with a booster pump, even the user’s external water pressure is not enough, BUV still can work normally with this booster pump.
Alarm and protection functions: Low water level protection，over-temperature protection switch, leakage protection, heating overload protection, big error for irradiance, lack.
UV lamp weathering test chamber Main Technical Parameters
- Light Source: UV-A (wave length 340 nm) or UV-B (wave length 313 nm); 40W×8 pcs (The normal use-life is 6,000 hours)
- The range of Irradiance: 0.1 W/m2 ～1.0 W/m2
- Temperature Range：Black Panel temperature（BPT）：RT+10℃～80℃
- Interior of cabinet：Stainless steel -SUS 304 material
- Exterior of cabinet：Powder coating on SUS 304
- Insolating Area：5,175cm2/828in2
- Sample Capacity：48 pieces of standard specimen（75×150mm standard samples) or 15 pieces of 100×300mm
- Adjustable range for water supply: 0-4LPM
- Water Consumption：7L/day（for condensation）；4L/minute（for spray）
- Overall Size：1,360×520×1,310mm（L×W×H）
- Net Weight：165 kg
- Total Max. Power：3KW
- Power：220VAC±10% 50/60Hz；15A ( Max Electric Current )